www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am


    Halo:Reach

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:44 am

    What? what? WHAT? Bungie finally figured out people like customization of there character, reach to feature customizable Spartan Armor, for Speed, camo, etc?
    This might spark my interest after getting burned by Halo 2.1 and Halo2.2 ODST (get the joke?)
    Found this info at trueacheivments.com!
    Will spout out info as I find it?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:18 am

    Im sure we will all play it at some points lol
    avatar
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 3802
    Join date : 2009-06-23
    Age : 34
    Location : Chicago, IL

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  ImpureKing44 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:50 pm

    Thats great to hear. We the people love customization (like AoT TFD's weapon customization)


    _________________

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 pm

    ksu ds wrote:What? what? WHAT? Bungie finally figured out people like customization of there character, reach to feature customizable Spartan Armor, for Speed, camo, etc?
    This might spark my interest after getting burned by Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST.
    Found this info at trueacheivments.com!
    Will spout out info as I find it?
    FIXED!!! Very Happy

    Lets be serious, Halo 3 was a huge jump from Halo 2 (graphics and all). If you don't think that there was a difference then you weren't playing on a Xbox 360 or a HDTV. I loved Halo 3, and ODST.

    But I'm freakin excited for Halo: Reach!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:21 am

    Watchman not to start a fight I just felt burned by Halo 3 and ODST. Yes there was some graphic improvement (not alot for a new system! Main Argument) and upgraded map making for multiplayer, but it was still the same game as Halo 2. Not much new and still the same old problems -a.k.a. shooting to an area to hit things instead of the 4 or 5 guns that let you truely aim just a preference. I don't like to spray and pray a lot some times it needs to be done! Accuracy will kill above all in any game in my book! Behind a Nuke that is, but really how accurate do you have to be with that!
    I just really felt Halo 3 and ODST should have been more on the 360 I would have been content if it were still on the old Xbox! I not taking away from it being an O.k. and popular game, I just can't call it good Bungie needs to be push and not become the next Madden series of the same game released as a different title!
    So Halo 3 and ODST will remain Halo 2.1 and 2.2 ODST to me, till Bungie redeems themselves!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:29 am

    ImpureKing44 wrote:Thats great to hear. We the people love customization (like AoT TFD's weapon customization)
    Who else other than King to brag about their new favorite game.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:35 am

    ksu ds wrote:Watchman not to start a fight I just felt burned by Halo 3 and ODST. Yes there was some graphic improvement (not alot for a new system! Main Argument) and upgraded map making for multiplayer, but it was still the same game as Halo 2. Not much new and still the same old problems -a.k.a. shooting to an area to hit things instead of the 4 or 5 guns that let you truely aim just a preference. I don't like to spray and pray a lot some times it needs to be done! Accuracy will kill above all in any game in my book! Behind a Nuke that is, but really how accurate do you have to be with that!
    I just really felt Halo 3 and ODST should have been more on the 360 I would have been content if it were still on the old Xbox! I not taking away from it being an O.k. and popular game, I just can't call it good Bungie needs to be push and not become the next Madden series of the same game released as a different title!
    So Halo 3 and ODST will remain Halo 2.1 and 2.2 ODST to me, till Bungie redeems themselves!
    Actually ODST looks quite impressive on an HDTV. Better than most games. Also Halo ODST brought back the Halo 1 pistol which is awesome. To me they are one of the few games that make me choose Xbox 360 over the other consoles.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:04 am

    ksu ds wrote:Watchman not to start a fight I just felt burned by Halo 3 and ODST. Yes there was some graphic improvement (not alot for a new system! Main Argument) and upgraded map making for multiplayer, but it was still the same game as Halo 2. Not much new and still the same old problems -a.k.a. shooting to an area to hit things instead of the 4 or 5 guns that let you truely aim just a preference. I don't like to spray and pray a lot some times it needs to be done! Accuracy will kill above all in any game in my book! Behind a Nuke that is, but really how accurate do you have to be with that!
    I just really felt Halo 3 and ODST should have been more on the 360 I would have been content if it were still on the old Xbox! I not taking away from it being an O.k. and popular game, I just can't call it good Bungie needs to be push and not become the next Madden series of the same game released as a different title!
    So Halo 3 and ODST will remain Halo 2.1 and 2.2 ODST to me, till Bungie redeems themselves!
    I'm not trying to start a fight at all lol

    But I am tired of people calling them Halo 2.1, cause they are nothing like that. Halo 3 did alot more than 2 did (4player co-op, new weapons, better mp, map customization, character customization (well not really but you could change the look of your spartan), theater mode, and a much more epic story). I don't care about bullet spray in a no-realistic game, if I was playing a realistic game (Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon) I would care. Between Halo 2 and 3 there was a substantial graphic improvement. imo

    ODST brought more challenges to the table by putting you in the shoes of a ODST over a SPARTAN, picking fights was necessary, stealth (to a extent), Firefight mode (freakin blast), and and improved weapons. Probably wasn't worth the full 60bucks, but I won't lie I had alot of fun playing it.

    And in the end its all about having fun, not that its realistic, or has good graphics.

    I mean my favorite game is Ocarina of Time, which is not at all realistic, or graphically impressive by today's standards. But I would consider it much better than any current games out.

    If you want a example of a Madden like series then go play CoD. They haven't changed one bit since the first game, at least Halo has changed around since 2001.

    But to each his own.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:24 am

    CoD is is quite lazy also agree with you there but neither game is pushing each other at all except just jazzing up graphics but they should going onto next gen systems.
    Slight edge to CoD just because of Nazi Zombies felt it was done better than firefight!
    Spec. ops are good also, but let us see what they do with it?

    New info on Halo:Reach there are suppose to be a few new weapons that you can aim (maybe)some sort of marksman rifle? and a needler rifle, and new melee kill moves?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:48 am

    Ok, so I have been really excited for this one but I have one beef with it....

    Why the Hell can they not make females tough but attractive??!!! The female spartan is fricking hideous....and so was Dare in ODST.

    ***Throws the BS flag!!!!***

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:46 am

    I can see why people were a little disappointed with ODST not really being a full game, but you have to remember Bungie initially planned this game as an expansion and wasn't going to charge a full sixty dollars but Microsoft had other plans and made them charge the full $60. I don't however can get how people can bitch that they paid too much for the game, no one forced them to go out and buy it right away, Microsoft and Bungie didn't go to peoples houses holding guns to peoples heads threatening to shoot if they didn't buy ODST. So in that sense I think people need to slow down and think before they react. In terms of graphics was Halo 3 an improvement on Halo 2? Yes and no, Halo:Combat Evolved was...let's face it ugly no way around that and the first time anyone saw footage of Halo 2 everyone was amazed at how much better it looked over the original. But even Halo 2 still had it's graphic flaws, where they made the Covenant look spectacular but the human characters (minus the MC) looked ugly as hell. Sometimes even the graphics will "pop-up" during gameplay which shows that Bungie was pretty much pushing the original Xbox to its limits. Halo 3 of course looks amazing on an HDTV but again many of the problems from Halo 2 transferred over to the third game such as amazing alien models and crap-tastic human models. ODST I don't really think should be looked at graphics wise as not much in the engine has changed over the past few years, sure the lighting and rain effects were cool but from a game that is an expansion I didn't really expect to be wowed by it.

    Overall I'm a Halo nerd but I don't go into the games, or any other game based on how it looks that's secondary to how it plays.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:57 am

    ImpureQueen278 wrote:Ok, so I have been really excited for this one but I have one beef with it....

    Why the Hell can they not make females tough but attractive??!!! The female spartan is fricking hideous....and so was Dare in ODST.
    That's why she's wearing a helmet! And everyone else has one in case hers falls off! lol!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:12 am

    watchman626 wrote:
    ksu ds wrote:Watchman not to start a fight I just felt burned by Halo 3 and ODST. Yes there was some graphic improvement (not alot for a new system! Main Argument) and upgraded map making for multiplayer, but it was still the same game as Halo 2. Not much new and still the same old problems -a.k.a. shooting to an area to hit things instead of the 4 or 5 guns that let you truely aim just a preference. I don't like to spray and pray a lot some times it needs to be done! Accuracy will kill above all in any game in my book! Behind a Nuke that is, but really how accurate do you have to be with that!
    I just really felt Halo 3 and ODST should have been more on the 360 I would have been content if it were still on the old Xbox! I not taking away from it being an O.k. and popular game, I just can't call it good Bungie needs to be push and not become the next Madden series of the same game released as a different title!
    So Halo 3 and ODST will remain Halo 2.1 and 2.2 ODST to me, till Bungie redeems themselves!
    I'm not trying to start a fight at all lol

    But I am tired of people calling them Halo 2.1, cause they are nothing like that. Halo 3 did alot more than 2 did (4player co-op, new weapons, better mp, map customization, character customization (well not really but you could change the look of your spartan), theater mode, and a much more epic story). I don't care about bullet spray in a no-realistic game, if I was playing a realistic game (Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon) I would care. Between Halo 2 and 3 there was a substantial graphic improvement. imo

    ODST brought more challenges to the table by putting you in the shoes of a ODST over a SPARTAN, picking fights was necessary, stealth (to a extent), Firefight mode (freakin blast), and and improved weapons. Probably wasn't worth the full 60bucks, but I won't lie I had alot of fun playing it.

    And in the end its all about having fun, not that its realistic, or has good graphics.

    I mean my favorite game is Ocarina of Time, which is not at all realistic, or graphically impressive by today's standards. But I would consider it much better than any current games out.

    If you want a example of a Madden like series then go play CoD. They haven't changed one bit since the first game, at least Halo has changed around since 2001.

    But to each his own.

    Madden and CoD have no competition so why would they break their necks to make changes when people will buy it regardless? They're being cost effective, which many companies have no choice of doing the way things are going with the economy. I personally HATE Halo. I played ODST because a lot of people on my list had it so I decide to get it so I could play online with some folks I knew. If it weren't for the fact I was playing with people I knew it would have been a complete waste of, what King.. 3 hours?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:40 pm

    Two things I took awayfrom the "Once more Unto the Breach ViDoc"
    1. These guys sure love talking about their polygons?
    (yes I know the more there are the more detail)
    2. It must be required that you have a scare on your face to be a spartan on Halo Reach?
    avatar
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 3802
    Join date : 2009-06-23
    Age : 34
    Location : Chicago, IL

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  ImpureKing44 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:34 pm

    fueled by hate wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:
    ksu ds wrote:Watchman not to start a fight I just felt burned by Halo 3 and ODST. Yes there was some graphic improvement (not alot for a new system! Main Argument) and upgraded map making for multiplayer, but it was still the same game as Halo 2. Not much new and still the same old problems -a.k.a. shooting to an area to hit things instead of the 4 or 5 guns that let you truely aim just a preference. I don't like to spray and pray a lot some times it needs to be done! Accuracy will kill above all in any game in my book! Behind a Nuke that is, but really how accurate do you have to be with that!
    I just really felt Halo 3 and ODST should have been more on the 360 I would have been content if it were still on the old Xbox! I not taking away from it being an O.k. and popular game, I just can't call it good Bungie needs to be push and not become the next Madden series of the same game released as a different title!
    So Halo 3 and ODST will remain Halo 2.1 and 2.2 ODST to me, till Bungie redeems themselves!
    I'm not trying to start a fight at all lol

    But I am tired of people calling them Halo 2.1, cause they are nothing like that. Halo 3 did alot more than 2 did (4player co-op, new weapons, better mp, map customization, character customization (well not really but you could change the look of your spartan), theater mode, and a much more epic story). I don't care about bullet spray in a no-realistic game, if I was playing a realistic game (Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon) I would care. Between Halo 2 and 3 there was a substantial graphic improvement. imo

    ODST brought more challenges to the table by putting you in the shoes of a ODST over a SPARTAN, picking fights was necessary, stealth (to a extent), Firefight mode (freakin blast), and and improved weapons. Probably wasn't worth the full 60bucks, but I won't lie I had alot of fun playing it.

    And in the end its all about having fun, not that its realistic, or has good graphics.

    I mean my favorite game is Ocarina of Time, which is not at all realistic, or graphically impressive by today's standards. But I would consider it much better than any current games out.

    If you want a example of a Madden like series then go play CoD. They haven't changed one bit since the first game, at least Halo has changed around since 2001.

    But to each his own.

    Madden and CoD have no competition so why would they break their necks to make changes when people will buy it regardless? They're being cost effective, which many companies have no choice of doing the way things are going with the economy. I personally HATE Halo. I played ODST because a lot of people on my list had it so I decide to get it so I could play online with some folks I knew. If it weren't for the fact I was playing with people I knew it would have been a complete waste of, what King.. 3 hours?

    LOL I remember that. We played from like 9-12 and beat it. You were like, wow, that wasnt a waste of 60 bucks. H aha. Good times.


    _________________

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Guest on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:33 am

    We need to game again, King! No Gaylo: Reacharound!
    avatar
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 3802
    Join date : 2009-06-23
    Age : 34
    Location : Chicago, IL

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  ImpureKing44 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:09 pm

    fueled by hate wrote:We need to game again, King! No Gaylo: Reacharound!

    Sure man just hit me up...but not for RB, im bored with music games tbh.


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Halo:Reach

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:36 pm