by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Colege....

Colege....

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:22 am

Ok guys im a senior in highschool....and i will be heading to Central Community College in Hastings, NE.... i would like some opinions.... i am either going to major in Information Technology (networking and such) or Electronics Tech (computer repair and such).... i was leaning more toward info tech but im not 100% sure yet...

Re: Colege....

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:29 am

Most important thing to do is talk to a counselor. (I should be taking my own advice here, actually..) But don't worry too much about getting a single Degree at first. Especially if you have a bunch of free time and are getting aid. Just try some classes out and see which one you like the most. I did one semester focusing on music in general, and I have yet to pick an actual focused discipline, and It's been working out okay so far.

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 am

I'm an IT major and I love it. It's just a matter of personal preference. I'd do what Flowless said and make sure you talk with an adviser/counselor. I switched majors three times before I finally decided on IT. You really don't have to worry about your major until year 3 anyway, unless you've already taken college courses in high school.

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 am

Brendon2121 wrote:I'm an IT major and I love it. It's just a matter of personal preference. I'd do what Flowless said and make sure you talk with an adviser/counselor. I switched majors three times before I finally decided on IT. You really don't have to worry about your major until year 3 anyway, unless you've already taken college courses in high school.

ya ive talked to my adviser and stuff... but just wanted ur guys opinion... and i know i have time but i have to pick a major when i apply... so ya im pretty set on IT but Electronics tech is pretty kick ass too

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 am

I say double major the majority of the classes you will take the first two years wil most likely suck a.k.a. not related to your major, and when you get into your major classes most of then might be related? The only problem will be if you get a class that is heavy into coding very time consuming, at least that what I hear from the student that work for me here at Kent State.
    Advantage to double majoring is you will have more option when you graduate College!
    Just remember start looking for a job early like when your about 2 years from graduating if not earlier.
    Disadvantage not much free time and maybe an extra year of college, but hey everyone is in college for 5 years most of the time now anyway!
    Good move with the community college, make sure its your cup of tea first!

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:32 pm

ksu ds wrote:I say double major the majority of the classes you will take the first two years wil most likely suck a.k.a. not related to your major, and when you get into your major classes most of then might be related? The only problem will be if you get a class that is heavy into coding very time consuming, at least that what I hear from the student that work for me here at Kent State.
    Advantage to double majoring is you will have more option when you graduate College!
    Just remember start looking for a job early like when your about 2 years from graduating if not earlier.
    Disadvantage not much free time and maybe an extra year of college, but hey everyone is in college for 5 years most of the time now anyway!
    Good move with the community college, make sure its your cup of tea first!

ya i might do a transfer program after i get done at CCC

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 pm

I might be going back to school for computer tech

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm in school now for Computer Networking, I like it so far. Few of my classes have been a pain in the ass because of either stupid material or stupid instructors but I guess that's just part of the experience right?

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:27 pm

i never went tp collage I had a kid instead affraid lol!

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Hahaha, I wasn't too excited to be going back to school as I never really did the best in HS and whatnot. But so far I seem to be doing pretty well for myself so I can't complain really.

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:56 am

I'm dippin into everything right now, as the financial aid is being really nice (paying for almost everything). I'm thinking of picking up some journalism courses for the spring, as the music major probably isn't going to pan out to anything financially viable.

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:19 am

ya... im pretty sure im doin info tech... ya and the first thing covered for like the first couple weeks is game development

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 am

Im a senior too! Cant wait to finish high school!!!! Very Happy

But really...i say either one will work for you.

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:49 am

DetroitSniper wrote:Im a senior too! Cant wait to finish high school!!!! Very Happy

But really...i say either one will work for you.

lol thanx detroit... Im about 99.9% sure im doin info tech... what are u going into dude??

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:35 pm