» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Having some second thoughts on brutal legend...

ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Having some second thoughts on brutal legend...

Post  ImpureKing44 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:25 pm

So ive been messing around with Bl lately, and I have to admit, once it got down to a heavier RTS segment is where the game's gameplay issues really come to show.

Trying to do basic coordination seems rancid. Simple concepts, like having headbangers take out the tower to the north, rock chics work on the singers to the right, and roadies sneak up to take the tower on the left SHOULD be simple...however, the way you give troops orders prevents any form of actual rts movemnt.

Reminds me of why I loved halo wars, I could do a lot of different moves with varying units with ease...this feels horrendous.

Im going to try and suck it up, as I love the personality of the game, but if it keeps being this bad ill have to sell it back.

Hack n slash it should have stayed.

Re: Having some second thoughts on brutal legend...

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:14 am

Lol, I was sittin here thinking to myself, "He can't POSSIBLY be enjoying that game THAT much."

A few of my friends who bought it were complaining about the game a few days afterwards. I guess it just starts out strong. Amen to the Hack n Slash comment. They should've just made that the core gameplay and made it deeper, then the game would've been perfect.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:30 am

I, personally, love the game. Giving orders isnt that bad, the hard part is picking who you want to call on, and realizing youre alone in a big battle.Most of the time pointing your people in the general direction gets it done. Just wait until your first stage battle with the brides, it's a pain.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:15 am

The later battles are a real pain in the ass. Just enjoy the music... And I'll join you for some Co Op

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:48 pm

I was the same way with that game. When it was hack n slash I loved it but once it got heavier into rts I stopped playing which is a shame bc I was enjoying the story.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Yea, the rts is major fail for me. But I love the damn music/world/characters a lot, so I think im gonna try and suck it up.

Plus fueled/twisted offered some metal help, so im down.

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm

whats the game about/like? like ive heard about it but never played it...and if its a RTS im definately not gonna play, i dont like RTS...but like whats it about?

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 pm

I think its pretty fun, I really just like the world and the people in it. Not a huge metal fan, but i find the songs in it fit the mood and are enjoyable.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:37 am

I think it's an awesome game. And the fact it has Jack Black makes it even more amazing, in my opinion of course. I just finished the stage battle against Ophelia and holy shit was it tough.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 am

i'm glad i decided to hold off and rent then i guess. i like rts', but im not a huge fan of jack black. the demo was alright. no need for him to win an award for his voice acting though scratch

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:52 am

Brutal Legend is all that is metal. Everything about the game is metal, and I mean everything. If you're not into metal then it is definitely not your kind of game. And it also has Ozzy, Ian Kilmister(Lemmy), and Rob Halford.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:27 pm