by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Xbox is broken

Re: Xbox is broken

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 am

JJ you lucked out! They always try and stonewall you there with the e-mail addy! Nice!

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:32 am

I just decided to fix it myself. I opened it up and everything looks fine but the fans just don't turn on. If I buy a new fan should it work?

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:26 am

You might have to fix the RRoD since your unit overheated but lets hope its just the fan? If you got any question while trying to repair it just hit me up.

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:47 pm

The Xbox works fine, I've started it up and everything but the fans just don't turn on. I've also done some research and found that it could be the chip for the fan that fried. To fix it I'd either have to solder a new one in or buy and external power supply for the fan. Any idea where and what kind of power supply I'd need for it? It's the 3-pin fan. Thanks for any help.

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:14 pm

dude that really sucks. ive never heard of the fans messing up...but i guess its possible...id help but my xbox's have never really had probs...besides being console banned due to modding them...maybe see what the xbox forum has to say? itd be more helpful then customer service, obviously. a blind/mute man is better then customer service...

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm

You can probably pick up a Three-pin fan anywhere they sell computer parts such as a Fry's Electronics, or places like that (I think these stores are only on the west coast, in limited locations.)

You could try newegg.com or any other website that sells computer pieces. 3 pin fans don't seem like they would be too hard to find. I have a few lying around with my spare computer parts after all the Frankensteining that took place up in here a few months back.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:17 am

I think you misunderstood me. I meant is there a way I can get a 6v or 12v power supply for a 3-pin fan? The fan works fine its just the chip on the motherboard making it work is fried.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:17 am

Flowless wrote:You can probably pick up a Three-pin fan anywhere they sell computer parts such as a Fry's Electronics, or places like that (I think these stores are only on the west coast, in limited locations.)

You could try newegg.com or any other website that sells computer pieces. 3 pin fans don't seem like they would be too hard to find. I have a few lying around with my spare computer parts after all the Frankensteining that took place up in here a few months back.

they have a fry's in ga...my dad loves it there. he also likes microcenter, and occasionally brandsmart (tho brandsmart usually for tv or home appliance stuff like wash/dryer) but mainly fry's and microcenter..they got some good deals, or so he says

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:57 pm