by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Xbox is broken

Xbox is broken

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 am

Ya, my mom doesn't know anything about the Xbox 360 other than to watch movies on Netflix so when she turned it on I guess it got a little too hot and got 2 red rings. She left it on like that for over an hour. The fans must have melted because when I turn it on the fans don't run and about 3 minutes into turning it on it gets 2 red rings. It also kind of smells like burnt plastic so I'm pretty sure something fried in their.

Re: Xbox is broken

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:51 am

That sucks dude. Hopefully you can get a new one or get it fixed fast.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 am

Well I can't exactly get it fixed by Microsoft because I'm not spending over $100 to wait 4 weeks to get my Xbox fixed. ( 3-year Warranty went out in September)So I don't know what I'm going to do.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:07 am

KuraiWarrior wrote:Well I can't exactly get it fixed by Microsoft because I'm not spending over $100 to wait 4 weeks to get my Xbox fixed. ( 3-year Warranty went out in September)So I don't know what I'm going to do.

christmas is around the corner...

demand she get you a new 360 to replace the one she broke!

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:28 am

Ya sorry I'm not a beggar and I know she doesn't have much money plus she already got Christmas presents for everyone.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:14 am

sounds like a long shot, i know, but it wouldn't hurt to try customer support and be really, really, really nice. for the sake of the holidays coming up they might throw you a bone. the worst they can say is no. good luck man.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:40 am

If you really don't know how to fix it yourself $100 to CS might not be the bad move from what I read already you propably have to drop $20 new fan then after that you will have to fix your RRoD that will most like likely come up after the overheat about $25 (Bolts, washers, #8 torque bit, and heatsink paste)
    Then you will have to deal with the fustation of taking the damn 360 apart, not as easy as every other gaming system known to man.
    Finally after that you will have to hope you did not damage your GPU and/or CPU, but the 2 lights is suppose to shut power down to those two peices, the burnt plastic you smell was either the fan or the power supply to the fan.
    I have yet to deal with anything with the power to thew fan so I can't help you there sorry? I'll look into it.
    But try the customer service first.
    Remember when talking to then remind them how for another $100 you could find a PS3 to buy this works wonders if it is the head shmuck at customer service.
    I take it you did check your warrenty online, its a better place to check BTY, yes even better than CS.
    Good luck any question just ask i'll try and dig up some info.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:45 am

There is a website that shows a fix for every problem known to the 360. I can't remember the name of it, but my buddy had problems with his and instead of paying Microsoft 120 to fix it, he spent of total of 10 dollars and fixed it himself. But these fixes are just temporary. Google "fix my xbox" or something along those lines if interested.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:08 am

Actually I was mistaken. I still have one year of warranty so if I just tell them I got RRoD they'll fix it or give me a refurb one right?

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:11 am

The red ring of death is more than two red lights, but Microsoft still supports their extended warranty. They will take their time though.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm

ksu ds wrote:If you really don't know how to fix it yourself $100 to CS might not be the bad move from what I read already you propably have to drop $20 new fan then after that you will have to fix your RRoD that will most like likely come up after the overheat about $25 (Bolts, washers, #8 torque bit, and heatsink paste)
    Then you will have to deal with the fustation of taking the damn 360 apart, not as easy as every other gaming system known to man.
    Finally after that you will have to hope you did not damage your GPU and/or CPU, but the 2 lights is suppose to shut power down to those two peices, the burnt plastic you smell was either the fan or the power supply to the fan.
    I have yet to deal with anything with the power to thew fan so I can't help you there sorry? I'll look into it.
    But try the customer service first.
    Remember when talking to then remind them how for another $100 you could find a PS3 to buy this works wonders if it is the head shmuck at customer service.
    I take it you did check your warrenty online, its a better place to check BTY, yes even better than CS.
    Good luck any question just ask i'll try and dig up some info.

oh yea taking apart a 360 is fun. its got a lil security barcode and if you mess that up the 360 will refuse to work xD my dad mods consoles A LOT (not a big fan of it, was console banned from xbl TWICE because of it) and told me about the security chip. he said if you know what you're doin it's no prob but otherwise its a b***h xD

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:10 pm

So if your still under warenty just send it in it will then get another 3 months on the warrenty, it'll suck for the 3 weeks it'll be gone but its always better than just being screwed, MS might send something back with your system most of the time i've heard its just 1 month of live, but i've also heard of ppl getting games?

Yeah your 2 light overheat will cause your system to 3 light RRoD.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Man i never sent my xbox out to microsoft. they take way to long and i hate waiting. i hove little to no patience so i always just went and bought a new system.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:59 pm

I hate waiting too. I actually went to WalMart and bought an arcade to use while mine was being repaired. Slapped my hard drive on it and was good to go. Saved the receipt and returned it for a full refund(30 day policy) when I got my elite back.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:31 pm

must be nice to have the money, i have the E74 and i have 2 send back, the only reason I'm still on is because my wife isn't using hers, so I am lol Neutral

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:09 pm

This is why I own two Xbox 360's! Shocked

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:50 am

CLaSSiC HuNT wrote:This is why I own two Xbox 360's! Shocked

LOL exactly....it works great that king and i both have a 360, that way if one breaks, we can share the other one until it gets back Laughing

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm

I have all the other consoles and a High-End PC in case my Xbox dies lol

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:34 pm

I have a Elite and Arcade Xbox 360's, PS3, PS2 and a Nintendo Wii so I would still have my video game fix Laughing

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:28 pm

When I call Microsoft for RRoD what info do they ask for? Just the serial number of the Xbox?

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:18 pm

KuraiWarrior wrote:When I call Microsoft for RRoD what info do they ask for? Just the serial number of the Xbox?[/color]

it's all done through their website now. you don't talk to anyone about it.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 am

flewid wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:When I call Microsoft for RRoD what info do they ask for? Just the serial number of the Xbox?[/color]

it's all done through their website now. you don't talk to anyone about it.
    Ya the thing is that the Xbox is registered to an email that I don't know so I can't do that.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:52 am

Let the fun begin with Customer Service on finding or changing the email address its registered to!
    Caller: I'm trying to find what email address my Xbox is registered under?
    C.S.: Could you please tell me what email address your Xbox was registered under?
    Caller: WTF??????? Thats why I'm calling you!!

Oh the good times with Micro$oft customer service?

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:51 am

What if I don't mention it will they actually ask me for the email it's registered to?

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:08 am

when i called on saturday night for mine they asked what addy it was registered to, and since that addy no longer works they changed it for me on the spot, no questions asked. so i dunno..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:32 pm