by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

I have a couple questions about Intel Core i7 and Windows 7

I have a couple questions about Intel Core i7 and Windows 7

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:26 pm

Ok so I have a Dell Dimension 4600 so I was wondering if a Intel Core i7 will fit in the same place as the Intel Pentium 4 processor. Also Will Windows 7 run well on 1.28 gigs of ram? Thanks for any help. I hope some of you are computer nerds.

Re: I have a couple questions about Intel Core i7 and Windows 7

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 am

You'll need a new motherboard for an i7. Off course by saying pentium 4 I assume you mean literally the single core pentium 4. One gig is barely enough for the 32 bit version of Windows 7, you'll need at least 2 gigs of ram to run the 64 bit version. You'll get both versions when you buy Windows 7.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 am

Did they even make Dual-Core Pentium 4s?

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:17 am

Ya so I did some research. I can use a 3.4Ghz P4 processor but I have a 3.06Ghz I put in yesterday to get it running again so I don't think I'll waste my time on that. I'll just buy ATI Radeon HD 4670 and see if I can even get Vista to load because for some reason I can't get it to load the disk.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:05 am

The i5 and i7 aren't worth the money you would have to spend to get one running.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:12 am

KuraiWarrior wrote:Ya so I did some research. I can use a 3.4Ghz P4 processor but I have a 3.06Ghz I put in yesterday to get it running again so I don't think I'll waste my time on that. I'll just buy ATI Radeon HD 4670 and see if I can even get Vista to load because for some reason I can't get it to load the disk.
    Get your self a bad-*ss cpu cooler and over-clock your cpu if you want faster speeds.

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 am

watchman626 wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:Ya so I did some research. I can use a 3.4Ghz P4 processor but I have a 3.06Ghz I put in yesterday to get it running again so I don't think I'll waste my time on that. I'll just buy ATI Radeon HD 4670 and see if I can even get Vista to load because for some reason I can't get it to load the disk.
    Get your self a bad-*ss cpu cooler and over-clock your cpu if you want faster speeds.
    Sounds like a good idea. My CPU also has hyper-threading, whatever that is. I'll go look it up. I know I can play WoW and Counter Strike but I wanna play some CoD2 or some Resident Evil 4.

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:46 am

KuraiWarrior wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:
    Sounds like a good idea. My CPU also has hyper-threading, whatever that is. I'll go look it up. I know I can play WoW and Counter Strike but I wanna play some CoD2 or some Resident Evil 4.
    Hyper-threading is basically a technology that allows the operating system to perform simultaneous commands in 1 stream process....other non-HT processors have to do one command at a time per stream process.

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:30 am

How much did it cost for your rig?

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:16 am

$1,200....I got all mine from TigerDirect because they were offering $1.99 shipping for orders over $100 bucks and NewEgg wasn't. If you need advice for building a new rig let me know.

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:17 am

What gfx card do you currently have?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:29 am