» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

2009's GOTY

ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

2009's GOTY

Post  ImpureKing44 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:37 pm

So now that all of the big guns have been on the market for a week+, what do you think is the true goty? (Not will be, but should be)

Re: 2009's GOTY

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:01 pm

hands down, MW2...
    wasnt too much into the series before this game, but it has got me hooked lol

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Borderlands. MW2 will get it but borderlands came out of left field and kicked some major ass.

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm not so sure about borderlands. It is an awesome game, but after I destroyed it, I haven't really gone back and played it at all. The DLC seems a bit expensive for the amount of hours it adds to the game. Yet still, I'll probably end up buying it, and play the game to death some more.

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Flowless wrote:I'm not so sure about borderlands. It is an awesome game, but after I destroyed it, I haven't really gone back and played it at all. The DLC seems a bit expensive for the amount of hours it adds to the game. Yet still, I'll probably end up buying it, and play the game to death some more.

see i agree....after i maxed it, i had no desire to play it at all....i mean i think it was a great game, but it really had no replay value for me

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:44 pm

MW2 will probably get it because there are 2 million little 12yr olds (in the US alone) that would have heart failure if it didn't win. I think that I'm gonna have to go with a new IP that decided to come to play with the big dogs this year and one that I have played through at least 3 times (I almost have it 100% Complete)....inFAMOUS

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:10 pm

ImpureQueen278 wrote:
    Flowless wrote:I'm not so sure about borderlands. It is an awesome game, but after I destroyed it, I haven't really gone back and played it at all. The DLC seems a bit expensive for the amount of hours it adds to the game. Yet still, I'll probably end up buying it, and play the game to death some more.

see i agree....after i maxed it, i had no desire to play it at all....i mean i think it was a great game, but it really had no replay value for me

see i got my level 50 and almost have the dlc done (just need braaaaaains) and i still enjoy going back to it. its taking a back seat now for a bit because im finishing up fallout 3, but i know i will go back to it.

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 am

Assassin's Creed 2.

im freakin loving this game. its a MAJOR advancement/improvement from the first one by a long shot. the new enemies are fun (i hate those fackin brutes though D:< so annoying and hard to counter. and those guys w/ the spears) has a pretty good storyline, and im lovin the new counters (i still think the single-blade has the best counters...but the double blade has some decent ones too, like where he stomps their foot, stabs em then throws em lol) and so yea...this is my GOTY. this or Batman: Arkham Asylum. both were great games w/ a good story and a lot of fun. i maxed out batman and i plan on going for ac2 next Smile itll just be more...fun...i guess....lol

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:08 am

THA MAD HATT3R wrote:Assassin's Creed 2.

im freakin loving this game. its a MAJOR advancement/improvement from the first one by a long shot. the new enemies are fun (i hate those fackin brutes though D:< so annoying and hard to counter. and those guys w/ the spears) has a pretty good storyline, and im lovin the new counters (i still think the single-blade has the best counters...but the double blade has some decent ones too, like where he stomps their foot, stabs em then throws em lol) and so yea...this is my GOTY. this or Batman: Arkham Asylum. both were great games w/ a good story and a lot of fun. i maxed out batman and i plan on going for ac2 next Smile itll just be more...fun...i guess....lol
    I like AC2, but I don't find it all that more appealing than the first. Worth a rent or even better borrowing it from a friend Very Happy

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:18 am

For me it's MW2. I've played the series all the way up from the first one and this is by far my favorite. Most people that aren't into the multiplayer probably wont find it worthy for GOTY because the single player is so short, although I personally loved the single player campaign story and spec ops.

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:52 am

What nobody is pulling for Hanna Montana: The Movie game?
    Losers!
    GotY was: Batman for me, Borderlands a close 2nd, then MW2.
    Shame they never released anything more for Batman it got covered up in a wave of new games?

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:55 am

MY VOTE... goes to uncharted 2... only cause i like being a jerk... and i loved that game

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:17 pm

JJ-STAR wrote:MY VOTE... goes to uncharted 2... only cause i like being a jerk... and i loved that game

U2 gets my vote as well. Razz

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:34 am

MW2 get's my vote. From the epic adrenaline-rushing campaign to the insane well-designed multiplayer it's one hell of a game imho.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:09 am

i want to say mw2, i really do. i enjoy the game very much. with that said, it doesn't deserve it. any and all changes were necessary for the game to succeed and i don't feel it brought anything new and unseen to the genre.

borderlands is also out. it failed to keep my attention and although it was beautiful it really came off as a brighter fallout 3.

l4d2 - again - great game but failed to add anything genre changing, just necessary upgrades.

i haven't played much of anything else. i'm sure there are other gems out there, but if my vote were to go to anything it would be batman: arkham asylum. and unfortunately it's a multiplatform game. imo the library of 360 games this year doesn't deserve any rewards.

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:26 am

Twisted Tony wrote:
    JJ-STAR wrote:MY VOTE... goes to uncharted 2... only cause i like being a jerk... and i loved that game

U2 gets my vote as well. Razz

and thats why youre my fave tony... we both know the good games and dont try to fool ourselves with lies
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:47 am

I think its not a great year for GOTY, as almost all contenders are sequels, which are just improved versions of years past.

I think batman: aa did the most amount of wow, with a great title that no one expected.

MW2 is another great one, simply for the thrill ride of a campaign, and some very tense spec ops misions

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:41 am

ImpureKing44 wrote:I think its not a great year for GOTY, as almost all contenders are sequels, which are just improved versions of years past.

I think batman: aa did the most amount of wow, with a great title that no one expected.

MW2 is another great one, simply for the thrill ride of a campaign, and some very tense spec ops misions
    Thats why I went with a new IP....inFAMOUS lol

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Arkham Asylum & Borderlands get my vote!

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:47 am

Myself I'd give my vote for GoTY to Borderlands, I only borrowed the game from a friend for a week or so but ever since I gave it back to him I've been wanting to throw myself back into the world of Planet Pandora. Haven't played AC 2 yet, but from what I've heard it's great, I liked Batman:AA but the ending of the campaign just ruined the game for me as it was a great story until then. Modern Warfare 2 in my opinion is just good, to me single player was an awesome continuation from CoD4 and spec ops mode is alright (I'd still rather see full co-op in story). To me though the multiplayer is where they faultered big time with this game, if they had just kept the MP the same as CoD4 the game would get my vote for GoTY.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:57 pm