by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Spike VGA awards

Spike VGA awards

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:17 am

Go here to vote, don't laugh too much at the nomination!
    http://www.gametrailers.com/event/vga/vote/34723
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Spike VGA awards

Post  ImpureKing44 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:56 am

I dont usually watch the VGAs unless there is NOTHING else to play, watch, or do.

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:20 am

Its really a post to see how f'ed up all awards show are really! How can the same game get nominated twice in the same catagory a.k.a. DLC catagory, and are those really the best independent games? How does FF13 or New Vegas not make most anticipated game?
    I don't care what people say Batman got all my votes, it was the only original game out there really the rest are just remakes of the original game with a few new tweeks!
    Maybe i'm just mad because Cabela's Big Game Hunter or that fishing game? was not nominated for anything except to go in the trash can!

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:09 am

I'm with King on that one.

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:57 am

It's kind of depressing to see how out of touch mainstream gamers have become in the past 3 years. It's a new record.

I guess that isn't a fair assumption to make. Maybe its this whole VGA awards format that deserves to be laughed at. The gaming audience in general has a short attention span, and most games that came out early in the year often times get overlooked but mostly forgotten. This is proven by just looking at one of the nominations for their game of the year (Assassins Creed 2) which didn't change much from the first one. I swear, I only think it got up there because EA had the bankroll to pay for it to be up there.

I never heard any buzz about AC2. To be honest, I mostly heard that it was the same shit as the first one, except with less repetitive missions.

Either way, gaming in itself is a personal experience, and I might get a rush seeing a game I loved get game of the year (as do others who watch the VGAs) so I can see the appeal.

Either way, I can't stand watching the VGAs. I just hate the gaming sub-culture. I hate the people. People like Cliffy B, or Tina Wood; Major Nelson, etc, etc.

Even those ugly bastards who appear on the Inside Xbox vids from OXM.

I'll just play my games, and not put faces to the names while the credits roll and just appreciate the game for what it is. Like JUST looking at the art, without knowing the artist.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:57 am