by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

So, what are you playing now?

Re: So, what are you playing now?

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 am

I'm taking a long break from Mordern Warfare 2 and I just started Borderlands. I'm also playing Dragon age and Torchlight on PC.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 pm

I have been taking a break from MW2 too it's so boring once you have played it solid for too long! I've been playing Resident Evil 5 I picked it up dirt cheap pre-owned! Borderlands is a great game I've maxed it out so far just waiting till the 29th of this month until the new DLC comes out!
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Ive been messing around with puzzle fighter inbetween assassins creed 2 time.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:11 am

Demon Souls on PS3....its intense!!
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:14 pm

@watchman - is it true that in demons souls, other people can come in and interrupt your game at will? that would be the biggest drawback for me when I do get a ps3 next year. I want to play the game with who I choose, not have random dbags mess up my progress, etc.

Im playing...

Retail - Assassins Creed 2
    Arcade - Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:08 pm

The way the game works is actually very confusing. You start off in the real world, but you soon get your ass kicked by a large demon....then you end up in a spirit like realm called: The Nexus. In the Nexus you have to collect Demon Souls. There are 5 different regions that you can visit that each have their own Giant Demon that you need to slay. You will die alot...alot of your dying will be your fault too, as the games combat is all about reaction times. You can't just go wailing your sword around as there is a fatigue bar. What's cool about the Nexus is that you can see where/how other people in the world have died via the many "bloodstains" on the ground, you can leave a message ont he ground for other players to see (give hints or just be a jerk and lead people astray); and you can see these white shadows, which are "shadows" of other players that are alive and playing in your area. They can't enter your game and you can't enter their game....at least not yet. From what I understand (haven't gotten past first level yet), once you gather enough Demon Souls you will be granted the ability to regain your flesh body in the real world. This is where things get interesting....In order to complete the game you must finish your quest in the real world. In the real world you will fight several large demons on your way to slaying the final demon. This is the part of the game where people who have died can enter your game in hopes to kill you so that they may regain their flesh body. This is done at random and you can't back out of it....its just part of the experience. They can either fight you if they feel like being a jerk, or they can fight along side you and when you both slay a "Boss" like Demon, the dead person fighting with you can regain his flesh body and continue his game. When I get further into it I will let you know more. So far its frustrating, but fun at the same time.

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Wow, that game sounds awesome!
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Sorry to disagree but that game sounds straight up "gay" for lack of an eloquent term. I don't have the time to play a game designed to have you replay the same segments, several times, over the course of an entire game. Difficulty is fun in some regards (like RSv2 or CoD on the harder difficulties) but to have it in the concept for the player to redo several sections?

Forced online integration where my game/progress can be ruined at any point?

No thanks, when I DO get a ps3, ill def pass on that "adventure"

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:41 pm

ImpureKing44 wrote:Sorry to disagree but that game sounds straight up "gay" for lack of an eloquent term. I don't have the time to play a game designed to have you replay the same segments, several times, over the course of an entire game. Difficulty is fun in some regards (like RSv2 or CoD on the harder difficulties) but to have it in the concept for the player to redo several sections?

Forced online integration where my game/progress can be ruined at any point?

No thanks, when I DO get a ps3, ill def pass on that "adventure"
    Well first off you can play a offline game if you don't feel like playing online. I chose to play online because I wanted the full experience. The replaying of levels isn't as stupid as you would think, in fact its a genius design (it's equivalent to grinding in a JRPG). Where ever you die a "bloodstain" is created, you will re-spawn at the beginning of the level and then you have to fight your way back to your bloodstain....while you are fighting back you will gain Demon Souls, then once you reach your "bloodstain" you will gain the the old Demon Souls you had plus the ones that you got while working your way to where you died. As you progress through the level you will open up many shortcuts that make travel through the level much faster and easier. So if you gain access to an area later in the game you can then get to those areas faster, but in those shortcut areas there are many enemies to fight off. I love the game, I love everything about the game. I played for like 5hrs straight last night and what a fun/intense 5hrs it was. Also remember that this is a "Western Style" RPG, created by a Japanese Studio....so it has a very different feel to it. That's why it won't appeal to everybody. I can see why the concept of the game is scaring you away, its the reason why I didn't buy it until now. I would rent it if anything.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:21 pm

I wouldnt say its scaring me away, as I dont mind a difficult game from time to time. However, if it seems like the developers intent is to have you die repeatedly to an almost comical number of times, that goes past difficult and just into a waste of time.

However, some things do sound fun. Think when I pick one up ill gamefly it.

And not to go too off topic lol.

I AM LOVING assassins credd 2.
    Ezio > Altair

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:41 pm

ImpureKing44 wrote:I wouldnt say its scaring me away, as I dont mind a difficult game from time to time. However, if it seems like the developers intent is to have you die repeatedly to an almost comical number of times, that goes past difficult and just into a waste of time.

However, some things do sound fun. Think when I pick one up ill gamefly it.

And not to go too off topic lol.

I AM LOVING assassins credd 2.
    Ezio > Altair
    It's alot of fun, it just takes some getting used to.

I thought that AC2 was good, and a really great sequel compared to the first game. Once I beat it the first time I never wanted to go back and play it again (same thing that plagued the first game).

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:25 am

To me, playing AC2 felt almost exactly like the first one, it was more like playing AC 1.5

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:56 am

Tinker and Alien Breed.
    I need to stop buying cheap games or getting free games, and get into my pile of not played games!

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:41 am

i think i may have to start over my Fallout 3 career Sad idk yet...but i do know that even tho i got a new disc(GOTY edition from my grandma for christmas) i still cant play w/out it freezing up...so...idk what imma do about that...

but im also playing

mw2
    star wars: the force unleashed (THE APPRENTICE IS A BADASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!)
    ufc 2009 undisputed (today i went to kick a guy in his face...his arm got in my way and i ended up kicking his hand into his face....and it knocked him out...yea, thats right, i made a guy knock himself out by punching hisself...i win!!!)

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:17 am

I've taken a break from MW2 as well, I've actually been playing Gears 2, which is great because they have a triple XP event going on. So I'm going to try and level up to 50 before it's over.

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:24 am

MW2, Assassins Creed 2, and Dragon Age Origins.

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Time to kill some Aliens in Alien Breed Evo., 0 Day Attack on Earth and then Some Dead Space. Maybe Mass Effect after all that?
    The Dante's Inferno Demo rules!BTY

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:38 pm

I've been playing Saints Row 2, Rock Band 2, and some NCAA Football 10. I need to get back playing The Saboteur. I also recently picked up Condemned 2: Bloodshot and Prince of Persia but have yet to put either of those in the console.

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:23 pm

Xbox 360: Forza Motorsport 3
    PS3: Demon's Souls
    DS: Chrono Trigger and Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    PC: What ever I feel like.

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:24 pm

GTA IV: LaD/BoBGT

I got AC2 sitting in front of me. Maybe tonight I'll open it.

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:10 am

PS3:
    God of War Collection
    Ratchet & Clank Future A Crack in Time
    LEGO Rock Band

PC:
    Fallout 3

360:
    Nothing...Might pop in MW2 later
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:47 am

Assassins Creed 2 (Good times, will get back to it, caught caught up in BL)
    Brutal Legend (Surprisingly fun, even with some key issues)
    Conflict: Denied Ops (Trying it tonight or tomorrow, got it used)

PS3
    None, I will buy a PS3 for GoW 3, and then catch up on infamous and uncharted2. Outside of that, sony titles dont interest me really.

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:51 pm

Xbox 360:
    Nothing
    Nintendo Wii:
    Tony Hawk Ride
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Idc if you think the Wii is gay. It is awesome. But I still love my Xbox.

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:05 pm

KuraiWarrior wrote:Xbox 360:
    Nothing
    Nintendo Wii:
    Tony Hawk Ride

Nothing wrong with the Wii. I own one and I got House Of The Dead Overkill as a gift. It's pretty cool. I plan on getting Super Mario Wii sometime this week.

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Twisted Tony wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:Xbox 360:
    Nothing
    Nintendo Wii:
    Tony Hawk Ride

Nothing wrong with the Wii. I own one and I got House Of The Dead Overkill as a gift. It's pretty cool. I plan on getting Super Mario Wii sometime this week.
    I want to get that so bad. Looks pretty sick. And The Conduit. I also saw some reviews on Modern Warfare Reflex and that looks pretty good do. I just need to pick up a Wii Zapper.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:35 pm