by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Important DLC Achievement Info for Dragon Age

Important DLC Achievement Info for Dragon Age

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:39 am

Hey, a warning to everyone. It seems M$ wasn't 'prepared' for the new DLC achievements on their servers so they "unlock" on your personal profile when you compare games etc, but the overall gamerscore and the quick comparison does not show the achievements as being completed. Bioware is aware of the issue but it's not their fault. M$ claims to have fixed and or are working on it, (conflicting reports). One possible solution is to delete the Gamertag and then recover it, which erases the problem and makes those touchy chievos disappear and go back to "locked" but you need to Re-Earn the achievements. However, some claim it's not working still AND the achievements won't even unlock now.

Also, there's issues with the License Rights to certain DLC, mainly things like the collector's edition, memory band or ring of fire. Apparently when you had initially DL'd them you got them as a pack but the individual item you DL'd was the only "License Right" you got. So if you're offline you can't play the game from a save file with one of those disputed items. Here is a solution I have discovered only to fix this problem. (Note: I have not tried this myself yet).

1. Get your 360 offline.
    2. Go to your 360's memory and delete any offending DLC items, and things "related" to that one--I.E, memory band and feral wolf charm--they're actually the same pack.
    3. Get back online, start DA, and hook up to EA servers etc.
    4. Go to the download screen---it should list your "offending" DLC as being purchased but not downloaded.
    5. Download the DLC again--*BUT* pick the offending one first! For me, since it always said I had Feral Wolf, but not the Memory Band, I picked the Memory Band---and it gave both at once--which I think happened last time too. Re-download the other one(s) manually, from your Xbox download history.
    6. Now, I had both the Feral Wolf and Memory Band listed in my Xbox download history. However, it still shows up as a single item for the actual download in the system memory---they are both "Bonus Item Pack 1" or something like that.

Try this, and variations thereof.

Notes to Bioware/EA people: I think the cause is something along the lines of "Clicking on an item and downloading it, downloads the data for BOTH the Feral Wolf Charm and Memory band, but only downloads the RIGHTS to whichever one you clicked on". And only the one you clicked on shows up in your download history. However, deleting it, deletes them both----then re-downloading gets you the data for both of them again, but if you clicked on the other one this time---it'll give you the RIGHTS to that other one.

In short---downloading gives you the data for both, but only the rights for the one you clicked on.

Hope this helps anyone who runs into this issue.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Important DLC Achievement Info for Dragon Age

Post  ImpureKing44 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 am

Dude...WTF. lol. Ok, so basically I may or may not get the achievements to truly register (for dlc achievements) as of today and have to hope MS fixed it (or is fixing it) ?

Man, weak, seriously weak.

I hope this is sorted out or gets sorted out quickly. Great game and all, but MS needs to be on the ball with this, its not like EA just suckerpunched MS with a "we have dlc achievements on launch" announcement, we all knew about the dlc for weeks, MS had to know and have ample time to prepare its servers/technical issues.

Ill reread this so I get how to make sure all of my items will work when offline, thanks pJ.

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:57 am

Ha didn't even notice I did not receive the points for the DLC, guess i'll have to do it again?
    After that long confusing delete reinstall process?
    So did that mean redownload whichever item you were not reading in your past downloads first?

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:56 pm

ksu ds wrote:Ha didn't even notice I did not receive the points for the DLC, guess i'll have to do it again?
    After that long confusing delete reinstall process?
    So did that mean redownload whichever item you were not reading in your past downloads first?

The "re-download" is meant to address the issue of content not "loading" properly when you are offline from LIVE. Meaning you can't play an old save file with some DLC, (like memory band or feral wolf charm etc). This is because the "License Rights" were only DL'd for the specific item you chose rather than ALL of them. Normally this never is an issue because we DL each individual item on it's own. But in this case EA decided to give us a "pack" when you just click on one. So, you get ALL the extra in game items in ONE DL but only the License Rights for the item you clicked on initially.

Retarded I know...

That's what I meant by deleting and then re-DLing the items to solve for.

The Achievement issue I have NO idea if that's been fixed. And at present would rather wait a week or two before attempting the Delete Gamertag and Recover method since some have tried this and then cannot "re-earn" the achievements in question.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:32 pm

I posted this on the main page as a lot of people should know about this. Props given to balance/wrath for the awesomness.

PS looking into the wrath name issue as of today, sorry for the delay PJ

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:51 pm

ImpureKing44 wrote:I posted this on the main page as a lot of people should know about this. Props given to balance/wrath for the awesomness.

PS looking into the wrath name issue as of today, sorry for the delay PJ

Thanks...

Also: Update, the DLC achievement issues are ONLY for those people who got the achievements within the first 72 hours of launch. If you acquired them after you're fine. Perfect example being, I got the Soldier's Peak one's within the time frame and have the issue, but the Stone Warrior one was gained after the 72 hours and it shows up fine on my gamerscore. I have still not attempted the "delete gamertag, then recover it to re-earn the achievements" fix since I'm not 100% if it'll actually fix it. Will keep you updated.

Furthermore I HAVE CONFIRMED that the solution process I mentioned concerning the extra content, (like Memory Band, Fire Band, Collector's Edition content), where it did not allow you to play offline only online is working. I had the issue of, DLing the Memory Band, (but it gave me ALL 3 packages together but only the License Rights to the one I DL'd which is retarded), now I have them all working offline. What you need to do is exactly as I posted above previously, while offline go to your memory on the HD and delete, "Promo Packet/Package 1", (which includes Memory Band, Fire Band and Collector's Edition Pack), then get back online, connect to the EA servers on the DA:O main page and all your items will appear "Purchased" but not "Downloaded", simply re-DL them but now choose a DIFFERENT item than you previously picked last time.

So becuase I chose Fire Band first, I chose Collector's Edition and all 3 DL'd BUT I got the License Rights now for the Collector's Edition, (the Fire Band one was already on my HD). When I went offline to load a saved game to check now ONLY the Memory Band was having issues, (unlike before where it was Memory Band AND Collector's Edition content). So I repeated the process and instead now DL'd Memory Band this time, which gives you all 3 items again but now the License Rights to Memory Band. When I went offline and loaded a save, I had no problems at all.

So, just wanted to update you all.

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:07 pm

One more update: So it's official the DLC achievements are STILL bugged but ONLY for those who earned them within the first 72 hours. (Lucky us). For those of you who have NOT earned them yet, you're fine don't worry. For those of us who have do not, and I repeat, DO NOT delete gamertag then recover it. Because it seems across the board that once you do that and then try to re-earn them nothing "clicks" because something in the game or the servers or something things you already got the achievement when you technically didn't because M$ fucked up on their end. So for now I suggest just waiting and see what happens. You can still play the game etc etc, but the achivements don't show up on the GS on the frontend, only when you compare the games or look at the actually game profile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:46 pm