by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

L4D2 Demo Impressions!!

L4D2 Demo Impressions!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:31 am

BEST DAMN GAME I HAVE PLAYED ALL YEAR, EVEN IF IT WAS JUST A DEMO!!!! HURRY UP NOVEMBER 17TH!!!!!!

While I am playing it on PC this time rather than the X360 version....I can safely say that you will not be disappointed!! I don't expect the X360 version to be any different from the PC version, except I can use mods Very Happy And that it might have the graphical edge especially when there are like 50 dead zombie bodies lying on the ground with more zombies attacking...might be a little hard on the X360s gpu (I'm not judging, just making a speculation). I have the game running at a perfect 60fps on my PC, but that's because Valve has it locked at 60fps.....I expect the same for the X360 version.

Anyways with the differences between PC ans X360 thrown aside, its amazing to watch a zombie's body get riddled apart as your bullets tear through its rotting flesh, blood is covering the screen almost to the point where you can't see......its INCREDIBLE!!

The gore in the game is incredible, I love that the bodies stay and don't disappear when ever they hit the ground. I have actually been grossed out by this game, its pretty nasty. One time I shot a zombie with the sniper rifle while the zombie was in a full sprint and it ripped the zombie in half, but what was nasty was that the legs kept running while it dragged the entrails from its gut and upper-half on the ground...then if finally fell over from the loss of momentum. While it was disgusting to watch I thought it was pretty damn cool.

The new "infected" are really cool and make the game feel very fresh compared to the original infected from L4D. The "Jockey" freaks me out, he jumps up on your head and then takes over your mind and basically steers you into danger. The "Spitter" is a hard one to spot, she doesn't have a very loud noise to alert you of her presence, and usually attacks you from a distance. Her acid spit can hurt you really bad if you stand in it too long. The "Charger" sometimes comes out of nowhere, he rushes towards you grabs you with his one large arm, then slams you into what ever is behind you (be it a car or wall, he can drag you far from your teammates at times) then starts slamming you into the ground. The "Witch" walks in the Day levels, but stays stationary in the Night levels (No night levels in Demo). The "Smoker" has gotten a new look, the "Hunter" has also gotten a face lift, the "Boomer" has a Male and Female version now (makes no difference) and the "Tank' looks the same.......all the "Infected from L4D do the same attacks as before. If there are anymore types of "Infected" then that means I haven't encountered them...and I guess I should read up on my L4D2 lol. Oh and there is a new form of "Horde" I have encountered, its a normal zombie in a Police Riot Suit, which makes him "bullet-proof" in the front, so you have to shoot his back to kill him. I bet....NO I KNOW we are in for alot more surprises in the full game!!

The melee weapons are incredible, there is no satisfaction like cutting a zombie body in half with a machete, beating one to death with a electric guitar, or smashing ones face with a frying pan. You can use your imagination about the melee weapons, I can just say that you will fall in love with them, as they provide the most satisfying kills.

Well time to get back to the demo!
    Like King says when he ends a story......LIVE AND LET GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: L4D2 Demo Impressions!!

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:07 pm

oh wow. Sounds like a must play! I gotta wait till the 3rd though, since I NEVER pre-order games. (Have no idea why, I just never do.)

Sounds freaking awesome though.

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:55 pm

i was not impressed. it felt a lot like the first which wasnt bad but not great. i canceled my preorder after i played it
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:40 pm

im picking it up at launch, melee weapons sound too fun to pass on

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:25 pm

im getting this. definately. but my gamestop doesnt have the demo in yet D: so i must check back tomorrow they said. but it sounds awesome. ive seen vids on youtube and talked to my friends who have it and they say its awesome too. but imo i think they should take out the female boomer and add in a male witch. i think thatd be hilarious for some reason. idk why. or maybe a female version of smoker/hunter? idk

but it sounds awesome and i love melee weapons!

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:06 pm

orange20 wrote:i was not impressed. it felt a lot like the first which wasn't bad but not great. i canceled my pre-order after i played it
    Well I have it pre-ordered on PC......I played the demo on X360 last night before mine RRoD and I can truly say that the Xbox 360 owners are getting ripped off.....so I can see why you canceled your pre-order....I would have too. Everything that I described in my "impression" was absent from the Xbox 360 version...sorry guys.

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Frying pan FTW!! I think the demo is awesome. It pissed me off though when a team kicked me for dying when I was the last man standing.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:08 pm

There's definitely a few improvements to the first one but like Imp says in the review and I said in my video it's basically the same game. But I'll buy it at launch because I know we're going to have a blast playing it

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah yall are right it is essentially the same exact game, but with more twists.

But what I was talking about was the overall game. On the PC version of L4D2 the bodies don't disappear....they basically pile up on top of each other, and there is immense amounts of gore and blood everywhere, body parts everywhere.....its easily the bloodiest game I have ever played. After playing the X360 version I just feel like Valve has ripped off the Xbox 360 community. I'll take some in game screens to show you what I mean later tonight.

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 pm

I love the demo. Maybe the full retail for consoles will be a little sharper, play a little better. But they improved exactly where they needed to. And with any luck it will feel more like a full game rather than overpriced dlc.

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:12 pm

I liked the demo ok. Smashing a guitar over the heads of zombies was pretty satisfying.

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:49 am

Brendon2121 wrote:I liked the demo ok. Smashing a guitar over the heads of zombies was pretty satisfying.

LMAO!!!! After I got the guitar, I walked around using that the whole time haha....

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:04 pm

I might have to check it out but I only played the first L4D for a few hours though. My CoD addiction takes over me this time of year!
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:09 pm

@brendon/queen -Chainsaw should own any other melee, cant wait for that

@classic - lmao you and modern warfare, u silly goose. ;p

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 pm

I could do with some rehab!!!

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 am

Sorry that the images don't fit on the page very well.

LOL (The police zombie looks funny in this pic)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:49 pm