by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Anyone have a Zune?

Anyone have a Zune?

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:01 am

Well I'm getting mine soon and I've setup my Zune Marketplace and account so was wondering if anyone else has a Zune Social so I can add you.

Re: Anyone have a Zune?

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:02 am

i have a zune but not on the zune social, sorry.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:06 am

You should sign up because you can get a 14-day free trial and you can download unlimited amounts of songs but when the time is up the songs go away. The need your cc info but they don't charge it. I really like it. Its setup very well and the download times are pretty fast.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:08 am

i think i remember having an account a while back when they ran a promo similar to that one. it was pretty good but i prefer my way of obtaining songs lol. cool if you like it though afro

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:18 am

Ya I used to just use limewire but this downloads faster. I might buy a subscription but I don't know yet.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:20 am

you should try torrents. much safer.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:36 am

I used to do torrents but they are so slow on my computer and I think Zune Marketplace would be the safest anyways.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:43 am

i meant safer vs. limewire. but to each his own. kudos for not coming to the dark side Twisted Evil

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:00 pm

My older brother swears by the subscription service. He spoke so highly of it, that I considered getting a zune myself, but I don't know what songs they have to offer that I might be into, since I listen to a lot of stuff that is off the grid at the moment.

It's like 10 bucks a month, but I think you get 5 dollars back every month by way of points so you can permanently purchase songs (or something like that) so it's really just a 5 dollar a month service.

I'll have to look into it some more and see what tracks they got, but it sounds like a great service. Haven't heard any complaints about it. If you are willing to shell out bucks for it, it's probably less of a hassle than surfing the world wide web looking for individual songs/albums/discographies because I know I've had problems locating certain CDs/Tracks with darker methods.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Questions for the zune experts

1 - Can I put songs downloaded from any source on the zune?

2 - How much do songs cost on the marketplace?

3 - The subscription thingey, is that unlimited downloads for ___ amount per month or is it amonthly fee to use the songs but u never actually own them, just stream them?

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:10 pm

1. yes
    2. don't know
    3. don't know
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:32 pm

im waiting until my ipod dies to buy a new mp3 player,so when the time comes ill decide.

Id love to see full on live access, such as maybe message, play games, track chievos, etc

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:02 pm

ImpureKing44 wrote:Questions for the zune experts

1 - Can I put songs downloaded from any source on the zune?

2 - How much do songs cost on the marketplace?

3 - The subscription thingey, is that unlimited downloads for ___ amount per month or is it amonthly fee to use the songs but u never actually own them, just stream them?

1. The Zune will support anything except .AAC files.

2. The cost roughly 79 Microsoft Points.....some times 99

3. With a Zune Pass music subscription you can stream and download as much music as you want for $14.99 per month.* Software features such as Channels, Mixview, and Smart DJ are optimized to take advantage of unlimited access to music at Zune Marketplace and on Zune.net. Zune Pass also gives you ten song credits to redeem each month. (Took this info from Zune.net)

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:37 am

Be sure to keep up with your charger if you do buy a Zune. I lost mine and I haven't found one sold by itself yet. of course, I haven't looked online, but in stores it comes in a bundle which is about 80 dollars.

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 am

fueled by hate wrote:Be sure to keep up with your charger if you do buy a Zune. I lost mine and I haven't found one sold by itself yet. of course, I haven't looked online, but in stores it comes in a bundle which is about 80 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W6O31Y

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:24 pm

ImpureKing44 wrote:im waiting until my ipod dies to buy a new mp3 player,so when the time comes ill decide.

Id love to see full on live access, such as maybe message, play games, track chievos, etc
    There's an update coming soon that integrates the Zune and the 360 so who knows what kind of support they'll add. I used to own a Classic Ipod and a couple of Sansa players. The Zune, in my opinion, is soo much better. They're also cheaper than Ipods and I got a good deal from Dell on the Zune and it's the best choice for an MP3 player I've ever made. I didn't get the Zune HD but that definitely looks worth the buy. So if your Ipod dies I'd recommend getting a Zune.

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:05 am

what would be really nice in any mp3 player is the ability to just buy the mp3 player and throw in any micro sd card. i just bought a 2gig for my phone not too long ago for 12.99. because when you look at the price difference between a 4 vs. 8 vs. 16 the price increases at an almost ridiculous level even though the core features of the player remain the same across the board.

zune hd 16 gig - 219.99
    zune hd 32 gig - 289.99

that's a $70 difference. and it's only storage.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:30 pm

thanks for all the feedback. The zune hd might be worth a buy, ill just dl HD videos myself from other sources and load it on there.

but stil wont buy one until the ipod dies.

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Well if you look at flash drives it's the same thing or even SD cards. 32GB are a lot more expensive than 16GB ones. You can get MP3 players that have a Micro SD/SDHC slot but they don't have nearly as many features as the more expensive MP3 players like the Zune HD. Micro SD only goes up to 16GB anyways and SDHC goes up to 32GB at the moment. It would be a nice feature of the Zune to have a slot for it but I don't see a need for it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 am