www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am


    My personal protest(and rant)

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:52 am

    So my friend asked me today if I caught the football game last night. Apparently he did not know my feelings about the NFL to pose such a question in the first place. He looked fuddled when I stated I no longer watch NFL. So I proceeded to explain my stance as I shall do for you here.
    I was once an avid supporter of the National Football League, but no longer. That organization ceased to exist long ago. Replaced by the current NFL(Neanderthals Facing Litigation) that we know today. All too often these players engage in criminal activities such as murder of their baby Momma, are involved in shootings at nightclubs, bankroll dog fighting operations, and a laundry list of other sadistic crimes. Long gone are the days of players being role models to be admired and respected. Case in point, Micheal Vick. Were it not for his celebrity status, he would still be in prison. So what does the NFL do? Put him right back to "work". This to me is unacceptable. If the league had any gonads, they would at least suspend him for a period of time, or better yet, indefinitely. There are hundreds of college players every year that would jump at the chance to go pro, yet they continue to make convicted felons rich instead. I hereby pledge to boycott the NFL, including all products bearing an NFL logo, as long as MV is active on any roster. Some will say he has paid his debt to society but I disagree. I believe you vote every time you spend money,watch a movie/tv show, and I for one will not boost the NFLs ratings(making their commercials worth more) by tuning in any longer. To me NFL stands for Not Fu*k1ng Looking....
    avatar
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 3802
    Join date : 2009-06-23
    Age : 34
    Location : Chicago, IL

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  ImpureKing44 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:06 am

    I appreaciate your passion. However, we all know how well boycotts go. Although you may never take down the NFL, at least you are taking a stance on what you think is right. Kudos to you for that man.


    _________________

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:35 am

    I still like my Cowboys...even if Romo is a freakin homo and cant do jack sh*t. But yeah I agree with you on your stance about Vick.....he shouldn't be allowed in the league. On a side note I don't ever watch the games, because I'm too busy playing videogames. I just catch the scores on the internet later lol

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:37 am

    ImpureKing44 wrote:I appreaciate your passion. However, we all know how well boycotts go. Although you may never take down the NFL, at least you are taking a stance on what you think is right. Kudos to you for that man.

    I know I will never take down the NFL. I also know that distancing myself from the league will have little to no impact on the organization. The only consolation I have is peace of mind knowing that I am not giving my hard earned money to something I disapprove of. I think all too often we forget that we have choices. I don't subscribe to the theory "if you can't beat em, join em". Too quickly, we, as a society, shrug off the things we can not change as beyond our control. This is ludacris and appalling at least. We have become a nation of gluttonous consumers willing to swallow whatever corporations and government are dishing out. I, for one, will not adopt this attitude. I shall draw my line in the sand and stand my ground, alone if need be, and fight with all the strength I can muster until I draw my last breath. M.V. or ME.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:50 am

    Props for holding your ground.
    avatar
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 3802
    Join date : 2009-06-23
    Age : 34
    Location : Chicago, IL

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  ImpureKing44 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:19 am

    PitBullDoorbell wrote:
    ImpureKing44 wrote:I appreaciate your passion. However, we all know how well boycotts go. Although you may never take down the NFL, at least you are taking a stance on what you think is right. Kudos to you for that man.

    I know I will never take down the NFL. I also know that distancing myself from the league will have little to no impact on the organization. The only consolation I have is peace of mind knowing that I am not giving my hard earned money to something I disapprove of. I think all too often we forget that we have choices. I don't subscribe to the theory "if you can't beat em, join em". Too quickly, we, as a society, shrug off the things we can not change as beyond our control. This is ludacris and appalling at least. We have become a nation of gluttonous consumers willing to swallow whatever corporations and government are dishing out. I, for one, will not adopt this attitude. I shall draw my line in the sand and stand my ground, alone if need be, and fight with all the strength I can muster until I draw my last breath. M.V. or ME.

    I coulnt agree more. That speech would make prescott proud man.


    _________________

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:45 am

    [quote="ImpureKing44"However, we all know how well boycotts go.[/quote]

    idk, rosa parks, the childrens march, and most of the black communities in the 50s/60s would beg to differ...

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:27 am

    anyone who like killing any animal/pet should never be allowed in the league!
    However I can't live without my football but I will never be a fan of those type of people.
    avatar
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 3802
    Join date : 2009-06-23
    Age : 34
    Location : Chicago, IL

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  ImpureKing44 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:00 pm

    THA MAD HATT3R wrote:[quote="ImpureKing44"However, we all know how well boycotts go.

    idk, rosa parks, the childrens march, and most of the black communities in the 50s/60s would beg to differ...[/quote]

    1 - rosa parks was exaggerated, mlk's efforts did much more then her "epic protest"
    2 - I get the logic, but I was more so referring to protests on products/commercial services. Those rarely if ever produce.


    _________________

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:08 pm

    PitBull, I can appreciate your passion and dissatisfaction with the employment standards (or lack there of) by which the NFL abides by. It does floor me that some of the players are still allowed to play after felony offenses. I believe though that there is much more good as a whole that comes from the NFL than the few (though as of late it doesn't seem like a "few") criminals that are allowed to keep playing.

    Yes, it's a shame that the NFL can't say that if you commit a felon, you no longer play in the NFL, cut and dry. It's also a shame that the media doesn't focus on the positive players as much as the negative ones. The Matt Light's of the NFL, OT for the Patriots who provides scholarships to high school students through his Light Foundation, the Warrick Dunn's of the NFL who's foundation helps single parents purchase homes. It's a shame the charitable and community work that Kurt Warner, Ladainian Tomlinson, Daniel Wilcox, Drew Brews, Jason Witten, and countless other NFL players goes unnoticed or unrecognized by the media thus giving rise to the argument that role models in the NFL are long gone.

    It's just a matter of what you want to focus on in my opinion.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 am

    ImpureKing44 wrote:
    THA MAD HATT3R wrote:
    ImpureKing44 wrote:However, we all know how well boycotts go.

    idk, rosa parks, the childrens march, and most of the black communities in the 50s/60s would beg to differ...

    1 - rosa parks was exaggerated, mlk's efforts did much more then her "epic protest"
    2 - I get the logic, but I was more so referring to protests on products/commercial services. Those rarely if ever produce.

    1. yes i know his did. to an extent, The Childrens March was actually pretty much his idea. i mean he didnt say "omg children go over there and get thrown in jail" but when he asked "whod be willing to go to jail for rights" only the kids stood up. i mean he did say something like "no kids goin to jail" but by then it was too late xD
    2. oohh....yea....true. protests for civil rights n such usually do better cause more people get behind it...protests against companies n stuff rarely get anything done (i.e: PETA. theyve protested circus' n stuff so many times for so many years, but what has it done? little-to-nothing lol)

    @zappa - omg inorite! all those positive players NEVER get recognition. but thats because (idk if anyones noticed) the news FLOCKS to negative things. idk if they think it adds viewers or something (tbh, i think youd lose em. who wants to watch the news everyday and just see negative things? we all know society is f'd up, you dont have to constantly remind us!!) and the only time you ever see anyone famous gettin recognition for something good is if its like sombody so popular its inhuman/unreal, like robert pattinson or miley cyrus...its stupid -_-

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:23 am

    OJ got off. Kobe got off. Vick actually had SOMEWHAT of a punishment. The moral of the story is;

    Keep raping and killing the white women but leave them damn dogs alone!
    avatar
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 3802
    Join date : 2009-06-23
    Age : 34
    Location : Chicago, IL

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  ImpureKing44 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 pm

    fueled by hate wrote:OJ got off. Kobe got off. Vick actually had SOMEWHAT of a punishment. The moral of the story is;

    Keep raping and killing the white women but leave them damn dogs alone!

    Shocked


    _________________

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:43 pm

    Suspect

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:44 am

    Very Happy

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:49 pm

    fueled by hate wrote:OJ got off. Kobe got off. Vick actually had SOMEWHAT of a punishment. The moral of the story is;

    Keep raping and killing the white women but leave them damn dogs alone!

    OMFG....wow...haha lol

    Twisted Evil

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:25 am

    ImpureQueen278 wrote:
    fueled by hate wrote:OJ got off. Kobe got off. Vick actually had SOMEWHAT of a punishment. The moral of the story is;

    Keep raping and killing the white women but leave them damn dogs alone!

    OMFG....wow...haha lol

    Twisted Evil

    Too much? Rolling Eyes

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Guest on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:26 am

    fueled by hate wrote:
    ImpureQueen278 wrote:
    fueled by hate wrote:OJ got off. Kobe got off. Vick actually had SOMEWHAT of a punishment. The moral of the story is;

    Keep raping and killing the white women but leave them damn dogs alone!

    OMFG....wow...haha lol


    Too much?

    Nope lol..just funny as hell!!!

    Sponsored content

    Re: My personal protest(and rant)

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:31 am