360 Vs PS3: Battle of the Exclusives

ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

360 Vs PS3: Battle of the Exclusives

Post  ImpureKing44 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:18 am

Re: 360 Vs PS3: Battle of the Exclusives

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 am

Hard for me to say since I don't actually own a PS3 heh. I'd say I agree with about all of them other than the Crackdown - Infamous tie. As fun as Crackdown is for some reason I just see myself enjoying Infamous more if I ever get the chance to actually play it.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:24 pm

yea that was a hard one to call, but overall as a genre, the incoming crackdown 2 along with gta 4 exclusive episodes kinda helped tie it in my humble eyes ;p

but i need to try that if i get a ps3

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:25 pm

I have both machines and iNFAMOUS was a freaking awesome game but i must admit once I've done with ODST and Forza 3 I'll be getting Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 and will be only playing that for like two months or so then it should be out of my system every now and again! Anyone else getting Modern Warfare 2?! If so then add me on live because I can and will be whoring that game like its going out of fashion!

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:09 pm

I have both systems and I can say that both systems have games that kick some serious ass.

Shooters
    - I agree that Xbox has the more "refined" shooters available. Killzone 2 is probably the best shooter I have played this year, that is until next week when ODST is released. I will disagree where you said Halo's MP is better than KZ2s. I find the MP in KZ2 to be much more fun, fluid and intense. But I have been playing Halo since 2001, and I will still crown it "King" of shooters. Halo "Modernized" the shooter genre; every other shooter released today takes a element, if not all elements from the Halo franchise.
    - I recently downloaded the Uncharted 2 MP Beta, and I must say that Gears MP and Uncharted 2 MP feel the exact same in terms of pace, and gameplay. As for comparing the SP experiences they are completely different, while Uncharted has "shooting elements," I would put it in the Action/Adventure genre. Uncharted feels like a perfected Tomb Raider if that makes any sense. Gears feels like its own type of hardcore shooter
    - And you forgot the Resistance franchise on PS3.....

Verdict: X360

Action Games
    - I have only played Ninja Gaiden II on X360, and I have never played God of War. So I'm gonna have to agree with you when it comes to Action Games

Verdict: PS3

Open-World Games
    - GTA IV is where the Xbox 360 gets ahead of the PS3. The Xbox 360 has gotten both of the episodes that PS3 owners want, so that gives it the edge with that game.
    - If I had to compare "Exclusive Open-World Games" which are basically inFAMOUS and Crackdown, I would choose inFAMOUS. inFAMOUS is just a much fresher experience to the Open-World genre and the concept of controlling electricity is so fun. Crackdown was a underdog in 2007 with the coolest experience, but since then it has lost its replay-ability with me.
    - With the exclusive Crackdown 2 coming next year, X360 is looking to have the better "Open-World Games." I just guess we will have to see.

Verdict: Tie

Racing
    - I have Gran Turismo 5: Prologue and I don't like it. It feels to damn stiff and the physics seem off, plus GT5 doesn't have a very impressive damage system from what I have seen in recent videos.
    - Forza 2 feels much more realistic that GT5:P, and Forza 3 is improving everything that Forza 2 did. The visual upgrade of Forza 3 is on par if not above current GT5 screenshots.
    - Forza 3 will probably be the best racing game that you could ever play. The physics, damage and visuals are incredible, and while they were done very well in Forza 2, they will be perfected in Forza 3.

Verdict: Xbox 360

Role-Playing Games
    - This is a easy one to decide upon. The X360 has incredible titles like Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, and Mass Effect in its RPG library. The PS3 only has one exclusive RPG available here in the US and that would be Folklore. While Folklore is a great game, ithas nothing on Fable 2, LO and ME. This as you stated in your article is a easy choice, and its clear.
    - As for exclusives to come in the future the X360 has ME2, and Fable 3. But the PS3 has White Knight Chronicles, Demon Souls, and FFXIII: Versus. So in 2010 the tides could change, we will have to see.
    - Not to mention that the X360 got "All" the Fallout 3 DLC months before the PS3 even gets the first DLC.

Verdict: Xbox 360

Stealth
    - Splintercell: Conviction is set to release early next year on X360, but since it is not out yet the X360 doesn't really have anything to compete against the PS3's MGS4.
    - The X360 has no competition in this genre "Yet."

Verdict: PS3

Fighters
    - I don't like Fighter games, just a preference.
    - But from what I have been told, while the X360 has more fighter games, the D-Pad on the PS3 controller is much easier and more responsive than the D-Pad on the X360 controller.

Verdict: Tie
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:25 pm

That is the most in depth reply to anything ive ever written, ever. well done. Wink

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:20 pm

What a great write up and its all true well said!
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:57 am

CLaSSiC HuNT wrote:What a great write up and its all true well said!

I do what I can Wink

;;brushes off shoulder;;

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:56 pm

lol!

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 am

ImpureKing44 wrote:That is the most in depth reply to anything ive ever written, ever. well done. Wink
    Thanks....I put alot of thought into that lol
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:00 pm

watchman626 wrote:
    ImpureKing44 wrote:That is the most in depth reply to anything ive ever written, ever. well done. Wink

it showed Wink BTW, im going to pre-order borderlands, it looks more impressive with every trailer I see. Its potentially GOTY, posted about that on the main page.

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:13 pm

ImpureKing44 wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:

it showed Wink BTW, im going to pre-order borderlands, it looks more impressive with every trailer I see. Its potentially GOTY, posted about that on the main page.
    Sweet! I can't freakin wait for that game to be released. Yeah I think it has a good chance from what I have seen to best Uncharted 2 and MW2. Mainly because its got a original idea; the other two games are just expanding upon the last title that was released.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:40 pm