by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Internet Problems, Help?

Internet Problems, Help?

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Ok so last week i decided to get a new router to try and fix my xbox live problems (Strick Firewall, accordign to gears 2) and it worked but now somtimes my internet goes funny for example ill try and loas pages and it just saves 'server not found' and i need to keep refreshing now i know its not the sites as it happens on every site i go on at some point and its really starting to piss me off so could someone please help me?

Im using firefox btw.

Re: Internet Problems, Help?

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:05 pm

probably didn't need to get a new router, just go into your router settings and change a few options around. consult the manual. it surely isnt browser related either. again, consult the manual.

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:14 am

What are some examples of websites you are going to when it says server not found? As for your xbox, what is your NAT status? Strict, Moderate, or Open? It seems, from what you said, that it is either strict or moderate. in which case you will need to do one, or both of the following:

In your router settings set up port forwarding for the following ports:

1. 53-88(this will be your first port forwarding option. Starting port should be 53 and ending port should be 88)
    2. 3074-3074
    3. 3330-3330

make sure that you set the port forwarding to the IP address of the XBOX, and not your pc, if you're running a LAN.

The next step depends on your router. In my router settings it is under WAN Settings. The option is MTU Size, and the MTU size should be set to 1500(unless your ISP tells you otherwise, which is unlikely).

If you see no MTU option anywhere you will probably need to upgrade the router's firmware, but if it's a new router it should already be there.

I was having the same problems with my XBOX, unable to connect to people and a crappy connection when I did. This fixed my problems.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:37 am