» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Donnie Darko (and a short rant about S. Darko)

Donnie Darko (and a short rant about S. Darko)

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:16 pm

So if you haven't seen/heard of the sci-fi "thriller" Donnie Darko, and you're a fan of softer sci-fi movies, this movie is a real gem. One of my favorite movies. It's got a nice plot, nice acting (Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal, Patrick Swayze, and Mary McDonnell), some really interesting sci-fi/philosophical elements, and a very strange but very satisfying round-about ending. Look it up when you get the chance. I haven't really met anyone that didn't like this movie.

And that brings me to its sequel, S. Darko. I can't tell you how awful this movie is. I would say see for yourself, but no one should watch this abomination of a film. The plot was crap (confusing and didn't make any goddamn sense, not to mention PLOT HOLES GALORE!), the storytelling was crap, the acting was crap. The ONLY good thing about it is that the S. Darko (Samantha, Donnie's sister), is the same actress that played his little sister in the first film (though obviously more grown up), so that's cool. It's not made by the same people that made the first film, and if you watch the special features/documentaries, they CLEARLY had absolutely no clue as to what the first film was supposed to be about.

Good job, guys. Way to bring people's hopes up with a sequel (though there didn't need to be one at all), and then make it absolutely terrible.

(sorry about the rant)
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Donnie Darko (and a short rant about S. Darko)

Post  ImpureKing44 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:23 pm

looks like i need to see this movie to be in the know

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:44 am

S. Darko wasn't THAT bad of a movie. I've seen Donnie Darko and S. Darko. I agree it doesn't really follow the story of Donnie Darko, but I don't think it should have. It was about Samatha, not Donnie. The Time Travel book was carried from the first movie to the second movie, as well as time travel itself, and the rabbit(i always loved the rabbit mask). I would say you have to see the Donnie Darko before S. Darko, not because of the storyline, but to understand certain things about the movie.

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:39 am

They basically tried to throw most of what was in the first movie into the second, rather than creating a truely unique story for a sequel. They should have tried to tie less of what they did into the first movie. Not to mention it's a plot hole altogether that Samantha has Donnie's book in the first place (think about the end of the first movie... Samantha having that book doesn't make any sense). It could have been good, but the writers didn't know what they were doing, imo.

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:46 am

Well how can you top a jet airplane engine dropping on someone? I still don't think it was a bad movie. Every movie has it's weak points. I actually like that she did end up with Donnie's book. I do like Donnie Darko A LOT better than S. Darko, but being made by different people I don't think it was bad. But, I do believe they made it confusing on purpose, although I do agree that it was more confusing than it needed to be.

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:12 am

i gotta watch this so i can know what the hell you guys are talking about lmao!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am