» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

54% Failure Rate

54% Failure Rate

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:19 am

Read the article: GLG Discussion

Alright so what's you take on the whole thing?

Re: 54% Failure Rate

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:14 pm

My first thought is: "Only 54%?". I'm on my 5th one.

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Brendon2121 wrote:My first thought is: "Only 54%?". I'm on my 5th one.

lol! I currenly on my3rd and hoping in Red Rings on me since the disk drive barley reads any 360 game. And I'm not gonna pay ms $150 just get it fixed.

But more on topic, 54% seems a little bit too high. (and is most likely caused by "fanboy-inflation" ..that's a technical term btw) I'd say a good 32% is entirely possible, Microsoft should have worked out these problems before releasing the 360. Hopefully they will come out with a more stable product next time.

I like to look at the Xbox360 as Windows Vista, works well but it's buggy. So I'm looking forward to the "Xbox Se7en".
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:04 pm

my thoughts exactly...

my honest guess would be 70%....virtually EVERYONE on my list, with varying age, race, gender, economic climate, etc have had at least one, if not 3+ systems break.

The only consistent factor was shoddy hardware

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 pm

Almost everyone I know has gotten the RRoD so I'm leaning towards it being higher. I think it's a conspiracy to get people to buy another one while they wait far too long to get the broken one fixed. It's going to be hard for me to not buy another one when ours goes.
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:21 pm

jadearcher wrote:Almost everyone I know has gotten the RRoD so I'm leaning towards it being higher. I think it's a conspiracy to get people to buy another one while they wait far too long to get the broken one fixed. It's going to be hard for me to not buy another one when ours goes.

we have two xboxes so we are ready to game at all times...but im VERY hesitant to buy a new xbox when the next generation comes after 3 rrods and an e 74 later

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:27 pm

It's a skewed poll in my opinion. The failure rate could not have gone up over the past 2 years since microsoft has come out with changes.

That plus, it's honestly misworded. "54% failure rate" in GameInformer subscribers. To be honest, I wasn't even aware GameInformer was still in publication till I had read about this "poll" a few weeks ago. The people who still get their news from a GameInformer and not the internet are most likely children or young adults, who probably do not know how to care for their electronics or are perpretators of this whole "Console Warz" BS.

Also, I think it is generally illegal to sell a product with a failure rate that exceeds 8% or something. Don't quote me on that, but I know there is some kind of quality control law when it comes to electronics in the United States.

Either way, the media doesn't really fluster me. This seems like another case of Yellow Media that has become all too common these days. Some people think journalism is just another platform for them to spread their opinions rather than report on facts. It doesn't even faze me anymore. I've been disappointed in GameInformer more than enough for me to still care about their "creative" wording.

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 pm

any poll is skewed. you can ask the question a number of different ways to get the answer you want. forget the poll, lets see some real numbers from the return/repair dept. from microsoft. then compare those to previous years. then i might give a shit.

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:15 am

Thats why I got a PS3, PC, and a Wii. So that if my Xbox dies I have something to do......

Anyways back on subject:
    I have only gotten RRoD once.....so I'm on my second box. But one of my best friends got it yesterday, and hes pissed lol

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:00 am

i clicked the link to read the article ... saw the picture of the flashing red lights... my heart actually stoped and i couldnt read it. that scares the shit outta me seeing as how im on my 3rd Sad

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:48 am

I own 2 Xbox 360's a Elite & a Arcade and they have both RRoD on me twice each! No
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:53 pm

See? Just look at all these topics...go to xbox.com and see some of thiers....go to the pf 360 group and see there...ANYWHERE where the 360 is discussed, the RROD has afflicted nearly everyone at least once. THATS UNHEARD OF

Im arguing closer to the 60-60% range

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:42 am

I'm not really worried about it, I have my fall backs if mine does go out, but even with a 54% Failure rate Xbox 360 is still my favorite console to date and I will pay the $100 repair cost since my warranty is out now, just to get it fixed. I had a launch 360 and it lasted until mid 2008, and my second box is still going strong.

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 am

Lucky... #8 for me...

Longest I had last was 2 years... shortest... 5 minutes... (no shit... out of box I started playing and then the disc drive failed).
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:24 pm

That 5 mintues would have sent me to MS HQ with an awful lot of rage

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:50 am

Well time for me to fix number 2 of 4 just lost my Ellite, DAMN!!!!!
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Im hoping to the alimighty they at least change the color of the problem for next gen if the hardware isnt improved

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:34 pm

knock on wood that i got one of the few that dont fit into the failure rate...ive had my 360 since january and havent had any problems...hopefully it stays that way
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:00 pm

ImpureQueen278 wrote:knock on wood that i got one of the few that dont fit into the failure rate...ive had my 360 since january and havent had any problems...hopefully it stays that way

its inevitable, dont fear the beast that lurks within

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:23 pm

ImpureKing44 wrote:
    ImpureQueen278 wrote:knock on wood that i got one of the few that dont fit into the failure rate...ive had my 360 since january and havent had any problems...hopefully it stays that way

its inevitable, dont fear the beast that lurks within

DONT JINX IT!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:35 pm