by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

District 9

District 9

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Simply put...

GO FUCKING SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!

This is perhaps the BEST movie of the year and easily the best I have seen in YEARS! The story, the acting, the script, the direction, the visuals ALL of it are near immaculate!!

If there's one movie you choose to pay full price for THIS should be it...

This movie is like a sudden burst of fresh air to an otherwise, (currently), dismal box office year.

The story behind the movie is so engaging you are left wanting to know more. It's done in a documentary style with live action scenes in the middle telling the story that unfolds. Rarely done in movies and very well done here. You simply can't get enough of the plot and you are left clinging to every little bit of detail they give you hoping something else is said or expanded upon.

The acting was solid across the board and I think a good thing they did not use big name stars since you did not go into the film biased for one actor or actress. Often times I find myself liking a movie more, (of hating it more), based on my personal feelings of the person portraying the character on screen. That is non-existent here so you have a fresh base to work with.

The directing was also well done and I have to say what a breakthrough for Neill Blomkamp. I can't think of a better way for him to make his splash as a great up coming director. This film just screams, "Watch for this guy in the future...".

To say the visuals are astounding almost seem to the film an injustice. Let me clarify that it seems almost seamless the way the human actors are when compared to the CGI alien ones. The shootouts, the alien weapons and their capabilities down to the amazing armored suit the main character finds himself using is simply stunning.

Overall I can't stop going on how amazing this film was and such a delicatessen treat both for the eyes and mind. The main plot not only entertains but makes you question politics, race and even basic humanity when you get deep down to it's core. Finally, it shows you what creativity, talent and ambition can do on such a small budget, ($30 million), whereas most Hollywood films are many times greater and are pathetic and usually the same idea rehashed over and over.

Re: District 9

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:52 am

Ya I saw it a couple days ago. All I can say is... AMAZING! For a movie based off a new idea in 2009 it was funamanal or however you spell it.

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:10 am

Good to hear. Might try to see it tomorrow.

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 am

It was the best Sci-fi Movie I have seen this year. Not gonna say it was the best movie of the year, because Inglorious Bastards was extremely good.

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:54 am

Sorry to bump this thread but I had to give my 2 cents here. I loved this movie, I've seen it three times and each time I'm left speechless at how great this film really is. I remember before this movie came out and I saw the poster and thought "oh great another alien movie." Boy was I wrong.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:45 am