» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Halo Movie and Possible Directors

Halo Movie and Possible Directors

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 am

(Warning: Halo Nerd Thread)

So what would you folks like to see in a Halo movie? In terms of story, visuals, props, et cetera. Also, who do you think would make a good director of the film?

Personally, I'd like to see an art direction that's pretty close to the letter when it comes to props, characters, and visuals. Sometimes people do cool things with artistic license in terms of changes, but why not leave something great just as it is? Don't chance messing it up.

In terms of story, I'm torn between a sort of The Fall of Reach prequel and a movie that follows the events of the first Halo. I'm not sure if I'd be interested in something entirely new in live action, or a movie spanning Halo 1 and then some. (Though seeing the Unyielding Hierophant from First Strike in a live-action film would be amazing).

For a director, from what we've seen of the Blomkamp shorts, I think he's the best director for a live-action movie (not to mention the WETA props and special effects/CG were great). However, if he's true to his word and does not return to a Halo movie project, then I'd like to see Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator) give it a go.

Re: Halo Movie and Possible Directors

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Blomkamp is who I want...

...if I can't have him... I want James Cameron. If it's done like Aliens then I'll be happy...

Oh and for the record a script for "The Fall of Reach" was written.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 pm